Training Schedule Part 2. 2013

Hey Princesses! and a few Princes if the slipper fits!

Here’s the training schedule I’ve followed for the last 3 years. Feel free to use it. But, by all means, if there’s something that works better for you, USE IT!!

One other BIG detail to note: We’re gonna have the Princess Pasta Party on Saturday in Orlando, most likely at 4 p.m. We’re working with the venue right now. After meeting with Stacia at Abolition, AND having many listeners from Atlanta sign up, we decided it’d be more convenient to have everyone come to Orlando, and not have the party in Tampa on Friday. We’ll be efficient with our time, and make sure we finish up at a reasonable hour, so we can all get to bed!  You will receive details of the party the first part of January when fundraising is completed and received by Abolition.

Also, our Team Freedom Coordinator, Hitch, will be contacting each of you this week to let you know that we’ve received your intent to be a part of Team Freedom. So far, we have almost 50 folks on the team! YAY!  If you have a question, please email Hitch at princess@thejoyfm.com.

Presently, the Princess Half is 72% full with registration. Once registration is full at Disney, Team Freedom is full, as we have no control over the capacity for the Princess Half. So, if you’re really interested, keep an eye on the registration percentage on Disney’s website.

I’ll most likely hold a training run on the last Saturday of January. Stay tuned for details…

Alrighty, I think that’s all for now. I did 4 miles today. It was HARD. But it’s a start!

Here’s the schedule below. I know I still owe you a playlist too. I haven’t forgotten!

Princess Training Part 2 2013

8 Responses to “Training Schedule Part 2. 2013”

1. Aureen Jimenez November 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

Hi Carmen,
    Totally unrelated to the topic below but I was Listening…LOL
    I heard about you fungus issue. Very Serious. You don’t want to be one of those old persons with aweful yellowed toenails that are…Gross. Two(2) containers of yogurt a day. over aperiod of many months will fix that issue. I swear its the truth. My best friend used that.Hope your not lactaid in-tolerant. Keep up the awesome work your doing; don’t ever get discouraged we are here and listening and we all love you! Thanks.

2. susan November 4, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

Feeling the pull on my heart to join the team. With a handle like Fl Dairy Princess how can I not???) I don’t run (haven’t figured out how to run and not get shin splints) so thinking about walking. However… If I followed your training schedule what do you mean by “cross Train” on Wed’s?

3. Ann Nicholson November 5, 2012 at 9:45 pm #

Hi Carmen…I’m so excited about doing this. I signed up on one of the first days and got the screen that said my registration was completed, but haven’t heard anything else? Should I? Also, I was wondering if anyone else on team freedom is trying to get roommates to stay over at Disney the night before? Thanks for this great ministry.

4. Lynn November 8, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

Hey Carmen, Can I ask why you don’t do the “short” days that Galloway has? You know how he has a long run one week and then the next week the long run isn’t as long? Do you just feel more comfortable doing just the long part? I was following Galloway’t training schedule on the Run Disney site, but now I am nervous that it isn’t enough.

Thanks,
    Lynn

5. Patti November 9, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

Just set up my fundraising page on AI. It’s REAL now! Getting excited. Running a 10K tomorrow. Thanks again for doing this. I’m thrilled to be able to join you this year! Much love.

• Melisa Russo November 14, 2012 at 3:30 am #

You are the first person I’ve heard that’s received their fundraising info. How long after you registered before you received the fundraising info? It’s been about 1 1/2 wow for me with me response??
      So excited!! Great times ahead.
      Thanks for your help.

6. Heather Edwards November 10, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Wow..so excited & moved to be a part of Team Freedom! Just filled out my registration for the Princess Half Marathon & signed my commitment for Team Freedom. This is such an awesome ministry..my family & I are setting goals to run together for this cause. Can’t wait to see every one there in Disney! Please pray for us as we push ourselves to make this run today & remember those who need to be rescued.

7. Rosie November 13, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

Hi! Carmen i just want to say i love listening to the morning cruise every morning and i chose to do this race cause God has put in my heart to help others in need not only that i had surgery itll be 3 yrs in march to lose weight and this will be my chance to tell others to challenge yourselves in something great so thanks for doing this and hope i put myself to help others in need now and in the future.